- 1996 Information Systems Security Survey
Conducted by WarRoom Research, LLC
- ComputerWorld Special Report: Security
Do you need a security guard to protect your data? Consider hiring an experienced break-in artist. By Zina Moukheiber, Forbes, 10 March 1997
- Department of Defense Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria - The Orange Book
- DSB Report from the Task Force on Information Warfare (Defense)
by the Defense Science Board, November 1996 (Very Long Download)
- "The Information Security Market, a Framework"
By Jahan Moreh, Open Horizon, Inc.
- "Internet World Keynote: Security And Ease-Of-Use Remain Critical Issues"
Communications Week December 11, 1996 Patricia Brown
- "Locking the corporate vault"
Achieving a balance between security and accessibility can be tricky, PC Week, by William Dutcher, March 1996
- "The Security Facade"
"Are organizations doing enough to protect themselves? This year's IW/Ernst & Young survey will shock you."
- "Security Consciousness"
PC Week Editorial, January 27, 1997
- "Security for the Enterprise"
PC-Week and The Open Group
- "Security: It's Your Call"
"If you work at a Fortune 1,000 company, there's a good chance your networks were broken into in the past year." Communications Week 9-Dec-96 Alan S. Kay
- "Selling Security"
Security policies are key to a strong defense, but top management must first be brought on board - InfoWorld December 1996
- "The Ups and Downs of User Authentication"
Sidebar in LANTimes story on Remote Network Access, 25-Nov-96
- Villains in the Vault
By David Willis, Network Computing, 15-Jan-97
- Computer Crime
- Electronic Commerce
- Intellectual Property
- "Comprehensive Enterprise Network Security Assessment"
A ISS white paper for enterprises in an Internet environment
- Internet Security Overview
By Milkyway Networks
- "Internet Security: Your Worst Nightmare"
Information Week: 19-Feb-96
- On Internet Security
- Ping 'O Death Page
Ping O Death page - UK
- Ping of Death fixes released
- "Securing Windows NT Networks from Internet"
- "Securing the Web: An Infrastructure Based on DCE"
The Open Group
- A Security Blanket For VPN Users
Communications Week 9-Dec-96
- "Sounding the 'Net Alarm"
Internet Security Systems' new software package monitors traffic, warns of attacks, Communications Week, December 9, 1996
- "Whom Do You Trust?"
Banks, vendors, Internet merchants, and network managers all could be issuing sensitive digital certificates, LAN Times, By Joe Paone, 6 January 1997
- Java Security
- Network Security
- Remote Network Access